The Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce the re-signing of in-form striker Adam Taggart to a one-year contract extension.
The 20-year-old has taken the Australian game by storm in recent weeks as the competition’s leading goal scorer with six goals.
Fresh off his incredible hat-trick against the Melbourne Heart last Sunday, Taggart says he is thrilled to commit to the Club for another season.
“It’s fantastic to re-sign at a great club like Newcastle,” Taggart said.
“We are all going in the right direction here, so it’s an exciting time and I’m really pleased.
“We’ve been talking for quite a while and it’s great that we’ve come to an agreement.”
Taggart reserves special praise for the Jets’ supporters, crediting them for playing a crucial role in his re-signing.
“A massive thing for me was just coming off the field last week and having that standing ovation,” Taggart added.
“That made me really feel a massive part of Newcastle in me, so the deal was definitely something I couldn’t say no to.
“The thought in my head was that it would be great to experience that week-in and week-out now, so the fans played a massive part in me re-signing.”
Taggart also thanked the entire Jets organisation for their support and loyalty since linking with the Club in 2012.
“The Club has been magnificent since I’ve come here,” he said.
“They’ve shown the belief in me.
“I think throughout my whole time here I’ve been made to feel very welcome.
“And the ongoing talks I’ve had with the Club have been nothing, but absolute support.
“I think for all us young players they just want the best for us and to help us make a great career just as much as we do.”
Jets CEO Robbie Middleby says the re-signing of Taggart is a boost for the Club.
“We are obviously really excited to re-sign Adam and to secure his future at the Club, we believe he is one of the most promising talents in the country,” Middleby said.
“It has been wonderful to see Adam’s development during his time at the Jets and we look forward to that continuing next season.”